Chicken Fajita Tostadas
photo by dianegrapegrower
- Ready In:
For the fajitas
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut in bite sized pieces
- marinade (see below)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
marinade for chicken
- 1⁄4 cup tequila
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 1 -2 tablespoon fajita seasoning mix (we like Penzey's)
- 1 cup orange juice
For the tostadas
- 4 corn tortillas (best to use commercial tostada crowns or flat tostada shells)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed. (or sub commercial refried beans)
- 1⁄2 head lettuce, shredded
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, diced
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sliced black olives (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup radish, sliced (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheddar cheese
For the dressing
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup balsamic vinegar
- Combine chicken and marinade ingredients in bowl or zipper bag. Allow to marinate in the refrigerator at least 4 hours.
- Prepare all vegetables. Grate cheese.
- Prepare dressing.
- In wok or large frying pan, heat olive oil. Drain chicken, and saute until cooked through. While chicken is cooking, heat beans (microwave is great for this). Heat tostada shells in oven.
- To assemble, place tostada shells or crowns on plates. Divide ingredients between plates as follows: Top shells with beans and chicken. Add lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, green onion, olives, radishes, and grated cheese, as desired.
- Serve, passing dressing at table.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!