photo by diner524
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lime juice (3 to 4 limes)
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil, plus
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 8 small corn tortillas
- 1 1⁄2 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 1⁄2 cups lettuce, shredded
- green onion
- sour cream
- Place chicken in a gallon size zip-lock bag with all the marinade ingredients. Press all air out of bag.
- Place in a bowl in refrigerator for at least 4 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Take meat out of refrigerator 20 minutes before cooking.
- Take out meat and discard marinade.
- These can either be cooked on the grill or under the broiler.
- Cook chicken 4 to 5 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes before cutting it into 1/2" strips.
- Lightly brush tortillas with vegetable oil.
- If using grill, grill on each side until they turn slightly brown, about 1 minute.
- Add cheese to browned side while other side is browning on grill.
- If using broiler put cheese on tortilla just until cheese melts.
- Serve by layering tortillas with shredded lettuce, chicken strips, remaining cheese and any additional toppings.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I wanted to grill this, but had to do in the oven. It was so good. I think I marinated for about 3 1/2 hours total. The chicken was tender and the flavor was great. I grated my cheese just because I couldn't find any shredded, but that was better anyway. It was finer and melted better. Thanks for adding this.
OMG!!! This was sooo good!!! I followed the directions for the time to marinate the chicken and it didn't cook it at all, I think that is a incorrect theory/myth!! It was so flavorful, never thought it would be (based on the few ingredients for the marinade), but also so moist and just so yummy for a chicken breast!! I cut the recipe back to 1/4 of the recipe and used one large chicken breast. I also wasn't sure if the tortilla would get crispy like a tostada and it did, I added shredded lettuce, sliced chicken, mixture of cheddar and monterey jack cheese and then some sour cream and green onion. I then added some salsa, after photo, on the side, but never used it, didn't need it!! I saved 1/2 of the chicken to make in my next lunch of Grilled Cheese Quesadillas!! Thanks so much for sharing this recipe that will be made again!!! Made for PRMR Tag Game.
see 2 more reviews