Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Try this for something different! The recipe originally came from a Canadian Living cookbook.
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 golden delicious apples, unpeeled,thinly sliced (it's important to use Golden Delicious apples, because they will hold their shape during cooking)
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- salt and pepper
- Sauté apples, onion and thyme in 2 tsp of the oil in skillet over medium-high heat, just until tender crisp; about 4 minutes.
- Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Cook chicken in remaining 2 tsp oil in skillet for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown, turning once during cooking.
- Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Set aside 1 tbsp apple juice; pour remaining apple juice into skillet along with vinegar.
- Cover and simmer until chicken is no longer pink inside; about 6 to 8 minutes.
- With slotted spoon, remove chicken from skillet and keep warm.
- Combine cornstarch with reserved apple juice; stir into skillet and cook over high heat, stirring and scraping up any browned bits on bottom of pan, until thickened; about 2 minutes.
- Return apple mixture to skillet and heat through; add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon apple mixture over chicken.
- Serve with egg noodles or rice.
what a wonderful meal something I would never have thought of. PAC 07 orphanage choice for me and we loved it.