Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a recipe given to me by my mom. I'm not sure if this is one of her creations or not, but it's wonderful. Hope you enjoy.
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked chicken, cut into small pieces (You can even use canned or precooked chicken, like Tyson. to save time. Does not alter taste very mu)
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 can undiluted cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup celery (chopped sm)
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- 1⁄3 cup cracker crumb (ritz or club)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated onion
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, , chopped finely
- potato chips (I use corn flakes) or corn flakes (I use corn flakes)
- Preheat oven to 350 deg.
- Mix all ingredients together well except for the corn flakes.
- Lightly grease a casserole dish and add mixture.
- Top with corn flakes.
- May drizzle a little melted butter over corn flakes if desired.
- Bake at 350 for 35 minutes.
Very bland. Didn't care for the combination of chicken with boiled egg. The egg taste was too overpowering--made the whole dish taste more like egg salad than chicken anything.
this is a recipe i've been looking for for years. i found it in a ladies magazine when my grown children were babies. it was called chicken almondine it was put out by kraft.
This dish was a big hit with my family. I added a small bottle of sliced mushrooms and topped it with crushed Ritz crackers (no butter) and served it with rice and a tossed salad. It was quick and easy to prepare, and I will definitely serve this again!