Paul Elliott's Note:
I make this when my wife is in need of some comfort food. It's one of her favourites. I use all frozen diced vegetables to make the prep time quick and easy. This is really a simple way to make this dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut up chicken into bite size pieces.
- 2Heat 1 Tbsp of oil in a large skillet on medium high heat.
- 3Add chicken and stir fry until no longer pink.
- 4Remove from skillet and set it aside.
- 5Add 1 Tbsp oil to skillet on medium high heat.
- 6Add garlic and brown for a minute.
- 7Add onions and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- 8Add peppers and saute an additional 5 minutes.
- 9Return cooked chicken to skillet.
- 10Add in chicken soup and milk.
- 11Reduce heat to a simmer.
- 12When mixture begins to bubble, add in mixed vegetables and simmer approx.
- 1315-20 minutes.
- 14Serve over rice.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken a la King
Serving Size: 1 (416 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 322.8
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 12.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 47.4 mg
- Sodium 733.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 22.0 g