Recipe by Manami
I love this type of comfort food! It brings back so many memories. Paula Deen recipe.
Top Review by Laura_Ozz
Great recipe! I didn't have green onion on hand so I just diced a small sweet onion instead and I served it over hot biscuits. Everyone said it was definitely a keeper. Thanks for sharing this recipe, Manami :)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 8 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 green onions, sliced both white and green parts
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) box chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 (2 ounce) jar diced pimentos, drained
- hot cooked rice or toast points
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms and green onion, cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in flour, salt, and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes.
- Gradually stir in chicken broth and cream, stirring constantly, and cook 5 minutes, or until slightly thickened.
- Add chicken and pimento, and cook 5-8 minutes, or until thick and bubbly.
- Serve over hot cooked fluffy rice or toast points.