Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I love this type of comfort food! It brings back so many memories. Paula Deen recipe.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 8 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 green onions, sliced both white and green parts
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) box chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 (2 ounce) jar diced pimentos, drained
- hot cooked rice or toast points
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms and green onion, cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in flour, salt, and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes.
- Gradually stir in chicken broth and cream, stirring constantly, and cook 5 minutes, or until slightly thickened.
- Add chicken and pimento, and cook 5-8 minutes, or until thick and bubbly.
- Serve over hot cooked fluffy rice or toast points.
Great recipe! I didn't have green onion on hand so I just diced a small sweet onion instead and I served it over hot biscuits. Everyone said it was definitely a keeper. Thanks for sharing this recipe, Manami :)
This is yummy! Just perfect, and very easy, no exotic ingredients. I only changed it by using 3 thin slices fresh red pepper sauteed (no pimentos in the house), and I added about 1/2 cup frozen peas because I like them. I served it over pastry puffs (they come frozen from Pepperidge Farm). Everybody liked it, though the kids did pick out the mushrooms.
WOW! WOW! WOW! It was fantastic!!! Very Creamy and tasty. I followed the directions exactly. I bought a precooked whole chicken at the grocery. I picked all the white and dark meat off except for the legs. I will always keep this in my recipe box. Thanks so much!!!!