1/1 Photo of Chewy or Crunchy Flapjacks
A simple to make oaty cake that is sweet, moist & chewy; or caramel flavoured, hard & crunchy. :-)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put the margarine, sugar & golden syrup in saucepan (or microwaveable bowl if using a microwave oven) and heat until it is all liquid.
- 2Meanwhile line the a square shallow baking tin with greaseproof paper. (about 8-inch tin).
- 3Mix all the oats into the liquid.
- 4Put the mixture into the baking tin & press flat.
- 5Bake at 175 deg C (Gas Mark 4 or about 350 F) for 25 to 30 minutes.
- 6Warning: the timing is tolerant but accuracy in temperature is critical.
- 7Slice into 8 fingers before it sets but leave in place in tin.
- 8Leave to cool and set.
- 9Crunchy Flapjack:.
- 10The recipe is identical to chewy version but cook at 15 deg (one Gas Mark) hotter.
- 11Fruit Flapjack:.
- 12The recipe is identical to above but mix in some raisins and/or sultanas before baking.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chewy or Crunchy Flapjacks
Serving Size: 1 (405 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 239.4
- Calories from Fat 134
- Total Fat 14.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 175.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 11.7 g
- Protein 1.9 g