1/1 Photo of Chewy Chocolate Brownie Cookies
When you bite into these rich, chocolate cookies, you'll think it is a brownie!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2/3 cup shortening (Crisco is good)
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or 1 teaspoon maple extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/3 cup sifted cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or 1/2 cup pecans
- 1Set oven to 375 degrees.
- 2In a large mixing bowl, cream shortening, sugar, water and vanilla.
- 3Beat in the eggs.
- 4Combine flour, cocoa, salt and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture; beat just until blended.
- 5Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- 6Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls, 2-inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- 7Bake for 7-9 minutes (don't overbake).
- 8Cool 2 minutes; remove to wire racks.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chewy Chocolate Brownie Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (40 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 178.7
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 12.4 mg
- Sodium 58.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 16.8 g
- Protein 2.0 g