Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a quick and delicious lunch, especially if you use instant rice or prepare and freeze the rice ahead of time. You can also expand it by adding eggplant and/or broccoli to the sautee, at the same time as the chicken.
- Quarter the cherry tomatoes, preserving as much juice as possible. Dice the onion, and mince the garlic.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan on medium. Add the onion and garlic, and cook until onions begin to soften.
- Add the brown sugar while stirring. Stir and cook for one more minute.
- Add the tomatoes. Cook until the juice from the tomatoes begins to fill the bottom of the pan. As they cook, squash the tomatoes with a wooden spoon in the pan to create a sauce.
- Push the saute to the edges of the pan, creating a clear circle in the middle. Add chicken, cooking and slowly mixing with the rest of the saute.
- Before the chicken is entirely cooked, add the spices. Cook until chicken is cooked through.
- Mix with the cooked rice in a bowl, and enjoy!