1/1 Photo of Cherry Tomato & Chicken Saute With Brown Rice
This is a quick and delicious lunch, especially if you use instant rice or prepare and freeze the rice ahead of time. You can also expand it by adding eggplant and/or broccoli to the sautee, at the same time as the chicken.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Quarter the cherry tomatoes, preserving as much juice as possible. Dice the onion, and mince the garlic.
- 2Heat the olive oil in a pan on medium. Add the onion and garlic, and cook until onions begin to soften.
- 3Add the brown sugar while stirring. Stir and cook for one more minute.
- 4Add the tomatoes. Cook until the juice from the tomatoes begins to fill the bottom of the pan. As they cook, squash the tomatoes with a wooden spoon in the pan to create a sauce.
- 5Push the saute to the edges of the pan, creating a clear circle in the middle. Add chicken, cooking and slowly mixing with the rest of the saute.
- 6Before the chicken is entirely cooked, add the spices. Cook until chicken is cooked through.
- 7Mix with the cooked rice in a bowl, and enjoy!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cherry Tomato & Chicken Saute With Brown Rice
Serving Size: 1 (203 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 267.8
- Calories from Fat 134
- Total Fat 14.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 29.0 mg
- Sodium 40.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 13.7 g