Recipe by Oolala
From inmamaskitchen.com (cherry mustard chicken). I really liked this dish but my kids and DH, while they liked the chicken, weren't into the sauce- too much Dijon flavor for them. I used boneless, skinless thighs and served the sauce on the side.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- flour, for coating chicken
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 cups sweet cherries, pitted
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper, then lightly toss in flour. Shake off excess.
- Heat half the butter and oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add half the chicken. Cook 8 to 10 minutes, turning occasionally, until chicken is golden and cooked through. Remove to platter and keep warm.
- Repeat with remaining butter, oil and chicken.
- Stir wine, chicken broth and mustard into skillet, scraping up browned bits.
- In small bowl, mix cornstarch, vinegar and water. Stir into skillet. Add cherries and boil mixture, stirring until sauce thickens, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir in green onion.
- Pour sauce over chicken and serve.