My family has been making this for many years. It's very fast and easy to make. Three hours to chill. You can use different toppings.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Add sweetened condensed milk, blending well.
- Add lemon juice and vanilla until well blended.
- Pour into pie crust and chill 3 hours, or until firm.
- Add cherry filling on top of pie.
- You can also use blueberry, or strawberry pie filling.
Now this is a wonderful recipe! Very creamy and sooooo goooood! I have made cheese cakes similar to this but not quite the way your recipe is and I like this one the best out of all of them. I am smoking a turkey on our smoker and making a potato salad and just thought that I would try this recipe since it was fast and easy and I was craving a good cheese cake/pie and I am so happy that I did. Thank you so much for posting this. I will make it again and again and again!
Iâ€™ve made this recipe for years. When blackberries are in, I mix about half a cup of sugar and a tablespoon of cornstarch, add to a pint of blackberries and cook until thick. Cool and put on the top of the cream cheese filling. We also like a regular pie crust better when using blackberries.
This is a classic. You really can't get any better for the amount of effort it takes.