Recipe by Rhonda in Texas
This cake is very moist. If you like chocolate (like me) you can add more chocolate chips. I have also dusted the cake with powdered sugar when serving for guests. Enjoy!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 21 ounces cherry pie filling
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350*F (175*C). Grease and flour a 10-inch bundt or tube pan. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, oil, eggs, vanilla, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Mix well. Stir in the pie filling and chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for about 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool on rack for 15 minutes and remove from the pan to cool completely.