16 hrs 25 mins
A recipe my grandma Lorraine Stromgren used to make when my mom was a kid. Plan ahead, this one takes overnight and then some refrigeration the next day.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 400 degrees (at least for 10 minutes).
- 2Beat 6 egg whites to soft peaks, then add 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- 3Add 1 1/2 cups sugar and continue beating until stiff, about 15 minutes.
- 4Put into greased 9x13 inch pan.
- 5Put into oven and shut off oven.
- 6Leave in oven overnight.
- 7Cream 6 ounces cream cheese with 1 cup sugar.
- 8Add 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- 9Then fold in 1 pint whipping cream, that has been whipped.
- 10Add 2 cups miniature marshmallows.
- 11Spread over meringue.
- 12Refrigerate for 8 hours or more.
- 13Cut into pieces and top with cherry pie filling and serve (Use Wilderness pie filling, it's thicker).
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cherries in the Snow
Serving Size: 1 (72 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 230.3
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 41.9 mg
- Sodium 83.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 28.0 g
- Protein 2.3 g