Prep 25 mins
Cook 16 hrs
A recipe my grandma Lorraine Stromgren used to make when my mom was a kid. Plan ahead, this one takes overnight and then some refrigeration the next day.
- 6 egg whites, beaten to soft peaks
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 (6 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pint whipping cream, whipped
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- wilderness pie filling or cherry pie filling
- Heat oven to 400 degrees (at least for 10 minutes).
- Beat 6 egg whites to soft peaks, then add 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Add 1 1/2 cups sugar and continue beating until stiff, about 15 minutes.
- Put into greased 9x13 inch pan.
- Put into oven and shut off oven.
- Leave in oven overnight.
- Cream 6 ounces cream cheese with 1 cup sugar.
- Add 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- Then fold in 1 pint whipping cream, that has been whipped.
- Add 2 cups miniature marshmallows.
- Spread over meringue.
- Refrigerate for 8 hours or more.
- Cut into pieces and top with cherry pie filling and serve (Use Wilderness pie filling, it's thicker).