Recipe by Shelby Jo
Another recipe from the Sargento Cheese website.
Top Review by Linda's Busy Kitchen
I loved this dish and so did my friend, who I was sharing it with. I used regular scallops instead of the bay and just quartered them (I like the taste much better than the bay), and I used medium size shrimp. I made it with just the broccoli, because it's what I had on hand. I used a combination of Fontina, Asiago and Parmesan cheese instead of the Cheddar, and it was delicious, creamy and tasty! Thank you for sharing this recipe with us Shelby Jo! It was truly enjoyed! Made for Gimme 5 Stars Tag Game 1/09 Linda
- 12 ounces spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen chopped mixed vegetables, thawed (broccoli, carrot and cauliflower)
- 8 ounces bay scallops
- 8 ounces peeled and deveined uncooked shrimp
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded mild cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions, drain and keep warm.
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat; add onion, cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in flour; cook 1 minute. Stir in milk, salt and pepper; cook 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Stir vegetables, scallops and shrimp into skillet mixture; simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove skillet from heat; stir in cheese until melted. Divide spaghetti among four plates; spoon sauce over spaghetti.