1/1 Photo of Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes and Ham
1 hr 55 mins
1 hr 10 mins
I adapted this recipe from a Penzeys Spices recipe. The Penzeys recipe had the Cheese as an option but in my book the cheese is a must!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Cut ham into small cubes and set aside.
- 3Peel and slice potatoes, put them in a bowl with enough water to cover them.
- 4Heat the butter in a medium sized pan over medium heat.
- 5Add the onions and cook until soft but not brown.
- 6Add the flour and stir to make a roux.
- 7Add the milk and stir constantly.
- 8Once it comes to a gentle boil turn heat down and let the sauce cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionaly.
- 9Stir in the italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- 10In a greased 2 quart baking dish put a layer of half the potatoes followed by half the ham.
- 11Pour half the white sauce followed by half a cup of cheese.
- 12Make another layer of potatoes and ham and pour the remaining sauce over the top.
- 13Cover and bake at 350 for 50 minutes.
- 14Remove from oven and top with remaining cheese and bake for another 20 minute or until the potatoes are tender.
Browse Our Top Ham Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes and Ham
Serving Size: 1 (580 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 633.1
- Calories from Fat 241
- Total Fat 26.7 g
- Saturated Fat 15.9 g
- Cholesterol 97.3 mg
- Sodium 1586.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 28.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: