Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
From the back of a pkg of Hungry Jack Scalloped potatoes! Made this for supper tonite and it was wonderful and simple! BF had 3 helpings and DS had 2. I subbed green beans only for the veggies cause it was all I had. Yummy served with hot rolls and honey and cold applesauce.
- 1 lb cooked Polish sausage or 1 lb kielbasa, cut in 1/2 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (7 7/8 ounce) packagecheesy scalloped potatoes mix (I used Hungry Jack brand)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 1⁄3 cups water
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon margarine or 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- Cook sausage and onion in large skillet until browned, stirring occasionally, drain if neccessary.
- Add potato slices, cheese sauce packet, pepper, water, milk and margarine or butter, mixing well.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes, stir frequently.
- Stir in veggies and simmer 10-12 minutes more until potatoes and veggies are tender, stirring occasionally.
This was very good. The only thing I changed was that I grilled some green bell peppers along with the onions. It turned out great. My wife really loved it.
Made this for dinner last night and it was wonderful. Very easy to prepare and tastes great! I used turkey sausage and omitted the butter. Thanks for posting Laurie!
I made this on 8/6/07,for myself and SO's dinner and we both really enjoyed it very much.I used the directions on the box of potatoes for the amounts of milk and water,but I think that next time I'll use the amounts listed in the recipe.As for the meat I only used 1/2 a pound of smoked sausage,and that seemed like plenty of meat for just the two of us.For the vegetables I had a few baby carrots that needed to be used,so I cut them into small pieces and added them in step 2.For the rest of the veggies I used some leftover corn,and a few frozen peas that I had.Both my SO and I really enjoyed the "slight kick" that the cayenne pepper gave this dish.This recipe thickened up really well and had a very good creamy texture.This will be made again.Thank you for posting,and "Keep Smiling:)"