Recipe by LAURIE
From the back of a pkg of Hungry Jack Scalloped potatoes! Made this for supper tonite and it was wonderful and simple! BF had 3 helpings and DS had 2. I subbed green beans only for the veggies cause it was all I had. Yummy served with hot rolls and honey and cold applesauce.
- 1 lb cooked Polish sausage or 1 lb kielbasa, cut in 1/2 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (7 7/8 ounce) packagecheesy scalloped potatoes mix (I used Hungry Jack brand)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 1⁄3 cups water
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon margarine or 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook sausage and onion in large skillet until browned, stirring occasionally, drain if neccessary.
- Add potato slices, cheese sauce packet, pepper, water, milk and margarine or butter, mixing well.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes, stir frequently.
- Stir in veggies and simmer 10-12 minutes more until potatoes and veggies are tender, stirring occasionally.