Turkey Sausage Skillet
photo by lazyme
- Ready In:
- 6 ounces turkey sausage, low-fat, sliced (kielbasa type)
- 1 medium potato, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- seasoning salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- paprika (optional)
- garlic powder (optional, use less seasoned salt if using garlic salt)
- In a non-stick pan, saute sliced sausage for a minute.
- Add potatoes and onions.
- Stir until potatoes start brown and onions become translucent.
- Keep stirring until potatoes are done.
- Sprinkle with seasoned salt and pepper. Add other seasonings, if desired.
- (If using cast iron pan, add a little olive oil at the beginning!).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Loved this! It would be perfect for breakfast too! I have to admit I didn't use turkey sausage....I used Conecuh Smoked Sausage as that is our favorite. All I can say is that try to stick to 2 servings....cooking more makes it hard to brown the potatoes. This is delicious....even without any added salt or seasonings. Just delicious...I'll make this often. Thanks for sharing. Made for your win in football pool at Yuku.
Just loved this all in one pan meal!! It brought back childhood memories of my Mom making a dinner similar to this dish, but it was in separate pans. Recently I had found a double pack (at Walmart) of skinless smoked sausage, so that is what I changed in the recipe, but otherwise made as written. I cooked mine in a cast iron skillet, so did add some oil. Thanks for sharing this recipe which I will make again. Congrats on another win in the football pool!!