Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I tried these one night when I had defrosted some ground meat and wanted flavourful burgers. The burgers come out quite large so make sure you get the good kaiser buns!
- 10 ounces mix ground beef or 10 ounces ground pork
- 1⁄4 cup colby cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup salsa
- 1⁄8 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 -3 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 2 slices swiss cheese
- Mix all ingredients except for Swiss Cheese in a bowl.
- Form into two large patties.
- Place in fridge for 30 minutes or so to firm up so they don't fall apart when cooking (optional).
- Grill on barbecue, approximately 7 minutes per side on medium direct heat.
- Right before they're cooked, top each burger with a slice of Swiss Cheese.
- Serve on toasted hamburger buns with mayonnaise, mustard and dill pickle.
Awesome pork burger - used minced garlic and red onion in place of powdered, home made whole wheat bread crumbs. The pickle adds the crunch. Indoor grill 7 minutes was too long. I will shorten the grill time next time but it was still moist and very filling. You won't miss not eating beef!
These were yummy burgers. I made them just as specified and cooked them on the grill. They were so moist and juicy - thanks for sharing!