Salsa Chicken Burgers
photo by MsSally
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 green pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup salsa, mild
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb lean ground chicken (or turkey)
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil (for frying burgers, can be omitted if you have a good pan)
- 4 hamburger buns
- In a large bowl, combine green pepper, onion, bread crumbs, salsa, parsley, hot pepper sauce, salt and pepper.
- Mix in chicken.
- Shape into 4 1/2 inch thick patties.
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet, fry burgers turning once until golden and no longer pink inside - approx 12 minutes.
- Heat buns and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
We loved these healthy burgers! The mixture was so easy to throw together and took even less time to attend to when I used my George Foreman grill rather than frying in a pan. I didn't have fresh parsley, so used one teaspoon of the dried herb. Served on a toasted bun with a slice of reduced-fat cheddar, we were happy campers! Thanks for posting this one.
We thought these were good but nobody went back for seconds which is a pretty good indicator that most thought that they were ok but not great. The salsa made these burgers a little mushy and I found myself adding quite a bit more breadcrumbs to get this mixture into something that I could form into patties. It was still very soft and difficult to flip in the skillet. They fell apart.