Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I can't remember where I found this recipe but it's great for a crowd and easy to make. You can get most of the ingredients cubed and ready to go days ahead. The most time is boiling the potatoes.
- 8 -10 medium red potatoes
- 2 ounces pimientos
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 2 slices bread, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- Clean potatoes and boil till tender but firm.
- Keep the skin on and cube in bite size pieces.
- Place in an ungreased casserole dish and toss with the onions, pimentos and seasonings.
- Top with the cubed cheese.
- Sprinkle with the bread cubes and drizzle the butter on top.
- Bake uncovered in a 350°F oven until the cheese is melted and the bread is nicely browned.
I've used a slightly different recipe for some 39 years. Mine has the bread cubes mixed with the rest & about 1/2 c. of milk poured over the potatoes along with the melted butter and is topped with corn flake crumbs. Got it from a Loma Linda Medical School Doctors' Wives cookbook that long ago. The cookbook was a shower gift & I've burned it, spilled on it etc etc. Love the book.