Recipe by kzbhansen
This is so good. Great on crumpets, english muffins etc
Top Review by barefootmommawv
I think this needs more than 5 stars. I have never made a flavoured butter. I now know I need to make more. This is great I tried it on piece of toast. I will be making scones to try it on. This is great! Thanks for posting.
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 59.14 ml lemon juice
- 44.37 ml butter
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml lemon peel, fresh, grated
- 85.04 g package cream cheese, softened
- 0.25 ml salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In heavy pan mix eggs, juice, butter, sugar and salt. Bring to a boil while stirring over low heat, then cook for 3 minutes more.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Beat Cream Cheese and lemon peel.
- When egg mixture is cool, blend into the cream cheese until smooth.
- Store in the fridge.