Recipe by Leslie Ellis
This recipe came from a Southern Living cookbook, but I have changed it around to suit tastes. This is great for dinner parties.
- 1 lb ground beef (maybe extra because so much cheese)
- 1 medium onion (replace onion flakes if want to)
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 (8 ounce) package lasagna noodles
- 1 (12 ounce) container cottage cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (16 oz)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine beef, onion in large skillet, cook until meat is brown then drain grease.
- Add next 5 ingredients and simmer uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Cook noodles and drain.
- Combine cottage cheese, sour cream, and cream cheese.
- Mix well.
- Spread about 1/2 cup meat sauce in a greased 13x9x2 inch baking dish.
- Layer half each of the noodles, cottage cheese mix, meat sauce & mozarella.
- Repeat layers Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Let Stand 10 minutes.