1/2 Photos of Cheesy Hash Browns and Kielbasa Soup (Crock Pot)
6 hrs 10 mins
When my mom first gave me this recipe, I was pretty skeptical - but it became an instant favorite in our house!! I like it because it is fast and simple to make, inexpensive, and reheats very well. I'll post the ingredients for the original version and offer the healthier alternatives at the end of the recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In crock pot, combine hash browns, kielbasa, broth and onions. Stir well and cook on low 6-8 hours.
- 230 minutes before serving, cut cheese into cubes and stir into soup. Cover and cook on high 30 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- 3We like this soup pretty thick, but if you prefer a thinner soup now is a good time to add some extra broth or milk. Wait until after the cheese has melted to add extra liquid so you can be sure of the consistency.
- 4Serve hot with crusty bread!
- 5To make this recipe A LOT healthier, use turkey kielbasa, fat free/low sodium chicken broth, and Light Velveeta. I routinely use these substitutions and the soup still turns out fantastic! If I have the time, I do like to remove the casings from the turkey kielbasa as I think they tend to get a little chewy when cooked all day. Just split them carefully with a knife and peel away the casings before chopping. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Hash Browns and Kielbasa Soup (Crock Pot)
Serving Size: 1 (258 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 647.1
- Calories from Fat 387
- Total Fat 43.0 g
- Saturated Fat 18.0 g
- Cholesterol 73.5 mg
- Sodium 1455.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 20.5 g