- 5 -6 large russet potatoes, peeled, diced, and boiled until almost done
- 1⁄2 lb ham, diced
- 1 sweet onion
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup or 1 (10 ounce) can celery soup
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute ham and onion together until ham is slightly browned and the water has cooked off.
- Combine butter and can of soup over low heat. Cook until butter has melted and soup and butter have combined.
- Over low heat, add cheese and sour cream to soup/butter mixture, stirring constantly until melted.
- Put potatoes and ham/onions in a 13"x9" baking pan, pour cheesy mixture over the top. Do not stir. Cook at 350 degrees F for about 45 minutes to an hour.