Recipe by Annacia
This creamy rice dish is a nice addition to a spicy meal. In reply to a question ask, this can be made the day before up to the point before baking. Just cover snugly with plastic wrap and keep refrigerated until ready to bake.
Top Review by Lalaloula
Mmmm, this is good! I loved the cheesy rice with the onion and the kick from the chilli peppers (I used a mix of mild red peppers and hot green jalapenos), so yummy! The texture was firm yet still creamy. The cottage cheese blended in very nicely and together with the sour cream helped to balance the flavours. I added some garlic powder to this, but other than that stuck to your recipe and loved it. Ill certainly make this again!
THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing it with us, hon!
Made and reviewed for WTTM February 2012.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 4 cups hot cooked long-grain rice
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (4 ounce) canschopped green chilies, drained
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, cook onion in butter until tender.
- Remove from the heat.
- Stir in the rice, sour cream, cottage cheese, salt and pepper.
- Spoon half of the mixture into a greased 11-in. x 7-in x 2-in baking dish.
- Top with half of the chilies and cheese. Repeat layers.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through and bubbly.