This creamy rice dish is a nice addition to a spicy meal. In reply to a question ask, this can be made the day before up to the point before baking. Just cover snugly with plastic wrap and keep refrigerated until ready to bake.
- In a large skillet, cook onion in butter until tender.
- Remove from the heat.
- Stir in the rice, sour cream, cottage cheese, salt and pepper.
- Spoon half of the mixture into a greased 11-in. x 7-in x 2-in baking dish.
- Top with half of the chilies and cheese. Repeat layers.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through and bubbly.