Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
This creamy rice dish is a nice addition to a spicy meal. In reply to a question ask, this can be made the day before up to the point before baking. Just cover snugly with plastic wrap and keep refrigerated until ready to bake.
- In a large skillet, cook onion in butter until tender.
- Remove from the heat.
- Stir in the rice, sour cream, cottage cheese, salt and pepper.
- Spoon half of the mixture into a greased 11-in. x 7-in x 2-in baking dish.
- Top with half of the chilies and cheese. Repeat layers.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through and bubbly.
Mmmm, this is good! I loved the cheesy rice with the onion and the kick from the chilli peppers (I used a mix of mild red peppers and hot green jalapenos), so yummy! The texture was firm yet still creamy. The cottage cheese blended in very nicely and together with the sour cream helped to balance the flavours. I added some garlic powder to this, but other than that stuck to your recipe and loved it. Ill certainly make this again!
THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing it with us, hon!
Made and reviewed for WTTM February 2012.
One of the best rice dishes I've ever had. It's ooey and gooey with tons of flavor. The sour cream is very strong, but I like that twist to the dish. The only thing I changed: I added some saffron just because I love it. Thanks for the recipe, Annacia!
I really liked this rice with my spicy enchiladas as it cools them a bit. Thanks for sharing!