Cheesy Green Chili Frittata
photo by RedhairMac
- Ready In:
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 (7 ounce) can diced green chilies, drained
- 8 ounces small curd cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons melted butter (do not use margarine)
- 1 small roma tomato (to garnish) (optional)
- 1 -2 fresh basil leaf, chopped to garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease an 8"x12" baking dish (I use an oval dish). (Can use 9"x13" pan but frittata will not be as thick).
- In a large bowl, beat eggs with a fork; then add flour, baking powder, salt & pepper and mix until well combined.
- Stir in the green chills, cottage cheese, cheddar cheese and butter.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking dish. Garnish with tomato slices (I use 3) and chopped basil leaves.
- Bake uncovered for 15 minutes at 400 degrees. Reduce heat to 325 degrees and continue baking for about 35 minutes or until well set.
- Serve and enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I've been retired since 2008 and absolutely enjoy life to the fullest. I don't consider myself a good cook but there are a few things that I make well. Those are represented by the recipes I've shared here. My husband and I just celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary. We are blessed with a daughter and a son, and I LOVE having one of each. It's always made life very interesting. I hope you enjoy my culinary offerings.