My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 large onion
- 2 1/2 cups salsa
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat Italian salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 cups shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- 3Stir in the salsa, dressing, sour cream, taco seasoning and cumin.
- 4Spoon a generous layer of meat mixture on bottom of 2 quart baking dish. Sprinkle with grated cheese.
- 5Place a flour or corn tortilla on top of meat mixture. Layer with half of the meat mixture, and cheese. Repeat as many layers as you like.
- 6The last & final layer should be a healthy dose of grated cheese.
- 7Cover with foil that has been sprayed with pam or other and bake at 400° for 25 minutes, or until hot & bubbly.
- 8Let stand for 5 minutes before topping with lettuce, tomato and cilantro.
Browse Our Top Mexican Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Enchilada Cassarole
Serving Size: 1 (230 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 224.7
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 48.4 mg
- Sodium 808.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 15.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend