Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 large onion
- 2 1⁄2 cups salsa
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat Italian salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 3⁄4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 cups shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the salsa, dressing, sour cream, taco seasoning and cumin.
- Spoon a generous layer of meat mixture on bottom of 2 quart baking dish. Sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Place a flour or corn tortilla on top of meat mixture. Layer with half of the meat mixture, and cheese. Repeat as many layers as you like.
- The last & final layer should be a healthy dose of grated cheese.
- Cover with foil that has been sprayed with pam or other and bake at 400° for 25 minutes, or until hot & bubbly.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before topping with lettuce, tomato and cilantro.