Recipe by Nasseh
I modified another recipe to come up with this simple meal.
Top Review by whittingtonkari
Good cheesy rice and chicken it had a great flavor even my 1-year old loved it. However me and hubby like a little more spice so I would use the pepper cheese next time for the monterey jack if it was just for us adults. Thanks for the keeper recipe! :)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can Rotel tomatoes & chilies, do not drain
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup water
- 1 small chicken bouillon cube
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 3 medium boneless skinless chicken breasts, frozen
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, grated
- 2 cups instant rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the tomatoes, soup, water, and spices in a crock pot. Add the frozen chicken breasts and cover with a lid. Cook on low heat for 6-7 hours.
- Remove the lid and stir in the sour cream, ricotta, and monterey jack cheese. Turn the crock pot onto high and continue to cook for another hour.
- Once the breasts are tender turn off the crock pot and break apart the breasts. Stir in the instant rice and recover with the lid for 10 minutes. Serve warm.