Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 hrs
I modified another recipe to come up with this simple meal.
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can Rotel tomatoes & chilies, do not drain
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup water
- 1 small chicken bouillon cube
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 3 medium boneless skinless chicken breasts, frozen
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, grated
- 2 cups instant rice
- Mix the tomatoes, soup, water, and spices in a crock pot. Add the frozen chicken breasts and cover with a lid. Cook on low heat for 6-7 hours.
- Remove the lid and stir in the sour cream, ricotta, and monterey jack cheese. Turn the crock pot onto high and continue to cook for another hour.
- Once the breasts are tender turn off the crock pot and break apart the breasts. Stir in the instant rice and recover with the lid for 10 minutes. Serve warm.
Good cheesy rice and chicken it had a great flavor even my 1-year old loved it. However me and hubby like a little more spice so I would use the pepper cheese next time for the monterey jack if it was just for us adults. Thanks for the keeper recipe! :)
Made it with orzo instead of rice, added 1 cup 1 hour before serving. <br/>Be careful! My crockpot cooked this in 5 hours, so watch it doesnt burn. <br/>My man loved it. 4 and 1/2 stars (but the above wouldn't let me give it a half).
This was very good and so easy to put together. The seasoning was perfect too. I thought I had ricotta cheese but didn't so used Parmesan which worked very well for us. Liked the little bit of heat that the Rotel added. The chicken was fall apart tender. Cooked it for 6 hours then another hour and a half after adding the cheese on low setting. Just delicious. Thanks for sharing. Made for WTTM tag game. :)