Anne's Crock Pot Chicken
photo by Sageca
- Ready In:
- 6hrs 15mins
- 3 lbs chicken pieces
- salt and pepper
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup sherry wine
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons Italian salad dressing mix
- 6 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1 tablespoon onion, chopped
- Wash chicken and pat dry.
- Brush with butter.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place in crock pot.
- Sprinkle with dry salad mix.
- Cover and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours.
- About 3/4 hour before serving, mix soup, cream cheese, wine, and onion in small saucepan.
- Cook until smooth. Pour over chicken in pot.
- Cover and cook for 30 minutes on low.
- Serve with sauce.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was made for your Wk 16 2014 Football Pool win using frozen chicken tenders, mostly because I longed for some easy-fix comfort food. While I can say I made it as written, I admit making extra sauce so I could expand the yield to include a veggie mix of broccoli, carrot, lima beans plus cauliflower & then mound the outcome over rice. DH & I both loved it & look forward to the leftovers today. Thx for sharing this recipe w/us.
see 2 more reviews
This was a real hit for my supper. Creamy comfort food. I used Boneless skinless chicken breasts. Instead of using Cream soup I use this mix that I keep in my pantry; so handy to have. Recipe #184827. I served this great chicken on Orzo; they wanted the recipe of course. I made this for The Crockpot Photo Challenge;gotta love that slow cooker! Thank you for posting.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Hi and thanks for visiting my AM page. My name is Vicki and I love to cook. I've always been an avid collector of recipes and cookbooks - in fact I have over 1200 cookbooks on my computer alone.</p> 8724165"