Recipe by Haley K
I have made multiple different chicken tortilla soups, but this one came out so good I want to remember how I made it! I wasn't measuring things when I made this, so these are approximate.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 -2 cup fat free chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 (1 ounce) packet taco seasoning
- 1 cup cooked chicken, diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can cheese soup
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheese
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup tortilla chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion, peppers and garlic in olive oil until tender.
- Add half of chicken broth, all of the beans, corn, chilies and chicken. Bring to a simmer. Add taco seasoning.
- A cheese soup and mix it in well. If it is too thick, add a bit more chicken broth.
- Add the brown rice last so it doesn't get too soggy in the soup.
- Serve it up and top with some shredded cheese, a dollop of sour cream and some crushed up tortilla chips. Yum.