Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a yummy comforting main dish!
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 236.59 ml celery, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 29.58 ml butter
- 473.18 ml cooked chicken, boned (save broth)
- 59.14 ml pimiento
- 59.14-118.29 ml mushroom, sliced canned (I have also sauteed fresh mushrooms)
- 453.59 g spaghetti
- 297.66 g can cream of mushroom soup
- 297.66 g can cream of chicken soup
- 453.59 g Velveeta cheese
- grated cheddar cheese
- Saute pepper, celery, and onion in butter until soft.
- In another pan, melt cheese with soups. Add vegetables and combine.
- Cook spaghetti in chicken broth until tender. Drain.
- Mix together soup mixture and noodles and place in greased 13x9 pan. Top with grated cheddar cheese to your liking.
- Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes.
Love this recipe! Not only does my family request this often, but am asked to make this dish when we take food to people who are recupperating from accidents or dealing with death in the family....any time there is an occasion for comfort food...this is the one! Thank you SweetsLady for posting! you make us look GOOD! I have substituted black olives for pimientos at times, have used the fresh mushrooms, and have even replaced one of the soups with rotel....to suit tastes...whatever, it's a hit! Thanks
I just finished making this, and I had to stop tasting it.....because there wouldn't be any left for the family. I followed this exactly, and the taste was so comforting I just wanted to curl up next to the woodstove and take a nice long nap. I added the mushrooms and didn't scinch on the Velveeta. If you are going to enjoy this meal~then follow this exactly. The only little change I made was boil the noodles first, drain, in in the same pot cook the vegetables and add the soup and let it all heat up. Terrific as they come, this is a winner! Made for *Spring Spectacular* April 2008
Very good and easy to make. I followed the recipe as written other then I didn't add the pimientos as I didn't have any. They whole family enjoyed this.