Cheesy Mushroom Chicken Spaghetti
photo by Better Every Day
- Ready In:
2 1/2 Quart Casserole
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can Ro-Tel diced tomatoes with peppers
- 1 (16 ounce) package Velveeta cheese
- 8 ounces thin spaghetti
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom
- 1⁄2 cup onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups roasted chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- Cut the chicken breast into rough cubes, of about 1 inch. Finely chop the mushrooms and onions.
- Over medium high heat, sautee the mushrooms and onions in the butter until soft. Add the chicken, garlic salt, and pepper, and mix well.
- In a large pot of boiling water, boil the spaghetti for about 8 minutes or until done a little less than your liking, as it will cook a bit further in the oven. Drain completely.
- Chop the block of Velveeta into approximately 1 inch cubes.
- In a large casserole dish, combine the soups, drained can of Ro-Tel, velveeta, and chicken mixture. Add the pasta and mix together well. (Be mindful of mixing up the velveeta because sometimes the little cubes like to clump together, expecially after getting a little warm from the pasta.).
- Bake covered in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes. I like the top of mine crispy, so I take off the cover and bake for another 10 minutes. If you don't like crispy, then keep it covered.
- Be sure to let it cool for about 10 mintues prior to serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Not bad, however I think she misentered how much pepper and garlic salt to use. 1 tablespoon is ALOT, and mine came out really peppery and salty. If I make this again I would cut back on the Velveeta and add milk to thin out the sauce, and definitely cut back on the pepper and garlic salt to, like, 1 teaspoon each.