Barb Gertz's Note:
Why did the chicken cross Highway 99? To join up with the dairy cows and almonds on the other side to create this tasty recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (10 1/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup milk, divided
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, cut up
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 cups cooked chicken or 3 cups turkey, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1 cup buttermilk pancake mix
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1Combine soup, 1/2 cup milk, onion, cream cheese, celery, carrot, and Parmesan cheese in saucepan; cook, stirring, until hot and cheese is melted.
- 2Stir in chicken and broccoli; pour into ungreased 2-quart casserole.
- 3Combine the pancake mix and cheddar cheese.
- 4Beat egg, remaining 1/2 cup milk, and oil; stir into pancake mixture until well combined.
- 5Spoon over hot chicken mixture; sprinkle with almonds.
- 6Bake at 375 degrees for 20 to 30 minutes until top is golden brown.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Chicken Pot Pie
Serving Size: 1 (304 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 512.9
- Calories from Fat 266
- Total Fat 29.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11.7 g
- Cholesterol 140.9 mg
- Sodium 912.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 33.8 g