Prep 25 mins
Cook 35 mins
Why did the chicken cross Highway 99? To join up with the dairy cows and almonds on the other side to create this tasty recipe.
- 1 (10 1/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup milk, divided
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, cut up
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 cups cooked chicken or 3 cups turkey, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1 cup buttermilk pancake mix
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- Combine soup, 1/2 cup milk, onion, cream cheese, celery, carrot, and Parmesan cheese in saucepan; cook, stirring, until hot and cheese is melted.
- Stir in chicken and broccoli; pour into ungreased 2-quart casserole.
- Combine the pancake mix and cheddar cheese.
- Beat egg, remaining 1/2 cup milk, and oil; stir into pancake mixture until well combined.
- Spoon over hot chicken mixture; sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 to 30 minutes until top is golden brown.
Very tasty! The broccoli was a nice change from the usual veggies. Very cheesy and good.
This was a wonderful dinner! The taste was gooood! I didn't have buttermilk pancake mix so I used whole wheat and it turned out just fine.Thanks for an easy and delicious meal!
Yum. Kids really liked it. I love the addition of the broccoli. I cook the onions and carrots a little first - used finely diced carrots instead of shredded and added more.