Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Melt in your mouth goodness! Easy to prepare, can make ahead and freeze!
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 ounces Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 6 inches flour tortillas
- 1⁄4 lb cubed Velveeta cheese
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- In a large skillet combine onion, garlic and oil, saute until onions are clear.
- Stir in chicken, chilis, broth, and seasonings, heat for 4 mintues.
- Add cream cheese and stir until melted.
- Spoon 1/3 cup chicken on each tortilla, roll up, place seam side down in square microwave/oven safe dish.
- Melt Velveeta and salsa 2-3 minutes.
- Pour over tortillas, can top with more salsa.
- Heat 6-8 minutes in microwave or 10 minutes in 350 oven.
These were absolutely delicious!! What a great way to have enchiladas without having to heat up the kitchen. (It is really hot here now). They were very simple and quick to put together. It did occur to me that everything mixed up and properly melted would also make a super nacho topping that would be filling enough for a meal. I am going to try that also! We ate these alongside a fresh spinach salad with homemade Catalina dressing and it was superb. KC_Hockey_Chick, thanks for the recipe! It is a keeper!!
these enchiladas were great. i made them for my hb and he loved them. though i love Mexican food i have actually never made enchiladas before, they were so good I'm taking some to my work Christmas party instead of my usual flautas. thanks for the great recipe!