Prep 25 mins
Cook 5 hrs
Taken from Taste of Home magazine August/September 2010 issue.
Make and share this Cheesy Cauliflower Soup for Slow Cooker recipe from Food.com.
- 1 head cauliflower, broken into florets (large)
- 2 celery ribs
- 2 carrots (large)
- 1 green pepper
- 1 sweet red pepper (small)
- 1 red onion (medium)
- 946.36 ml chicken broth
- 2.46 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 1.23 ml salt
- 0.59 ml pepper
- 473.18 ml cheddar cheese, shredded (8 oz)
- 473.18 ml half-and-half cream
- Place cauliflower in a 4-qt slow cooker.
- Chope the celery, carrots, peppers and onion; add to the slow cooker.
- Stir in the broth, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until the vegetables are tender.
- In a blender, process soup in batches until smooth.
- Return all to slow cooker; stir in cheese and cream.
- Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted.