Recipe by Wildflour
Creamy cabbage baked with cheese and topped with buttered cracker crumbs! Yum!
Top Review by Chef shapeweaver �
First,I must say that this was a very enjoyable way to eat cabbage. I didn't have any cream of celery soup so I subbed cream of chicken soup with herbs and it worked very well.And the baking time was "right on the money".This is going to be made again.Thank you for posting."Keep Smiling:)"
- 2 quarts chopped cabbage
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 cup packed shredded American cheese or 1 Velveeta cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, less if desired
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup finely crushed butter flavored cracker
- 4 tablespoons melted butter, more if needed
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook cabbage 5-7 minutes in salted water, drain well.
- Combine soup, milk, cheese, salt and pepper in large bowl.
- Microwave til cheese melts and is creamy. Stir occasionally.
- Fold in cabbage.
- Pour into 1-1/2 quart casserole dish.
- Mix cracker crumbs and melted butter.
- Sprinkle evenly over top.
- Bake in 350º over for 30-40 minutes til bubbly.