1/2 Photos of Cheesy Broccoli Soup
I am looking for the perfect broccoli soup recipe...here is another one I need to try. Edited Oct. 3, 2006: I made and tweaked this recipe! Turned out MUCH better!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- 2Add flour and cook, stirring constantly to make a very "blond" roux, about 3-4 minute.
- 3Add chicken stock, half and half, salt, mustard, and cayenne.
- 4Bring to a simmer, stirring frequently.
- 5Add broccoli and reduce heat to a simmer.
- 6Cook about 15-20 min, or until the broccoli is crisp-tender.
- 7Add cheddar cheese and stir to combine. Simmer until cheese melts.
- 8Serve with a topping of chives or scallions and a little more cheese if desired.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Broccoli Soup
Serving Size: 1 (486 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1127.5
- Calories from Fat 825
- Total Fat 91.6 g
- Saturated Fat 56.3 g
- Cholesterol 263.4 mg
- Sodium 1645.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 31.0 g