I am looking for the perfect broccoli soup recipe...here is another one I need to try. Edited Oct. 3, 2006: I made and tweaked this recipe! Turned out MUCH better!!
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add flour and cook, stirring constantly to make a very "blond" roux, about 3-4 minute.
- Add chicken stock, half and half, salt, mustard, and cayenne.
- Bring to a simmer, stirring frequently.
- Add broccoli and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Cook about 15-20 min, or until the broccoli is crisp-tender.
- Add cheddar cheese and stir to combine. Simmer until cheese melts.
- Serve with a topping of chives or scallions and a little more cheese if desired.