Pea, Leek & Broccoli Soup
photo by CaliforniaJan
- Ready In:
- Put the onion, leeks, potatoes, stock and bay leaf in a large heavy saucepan and mix together well. Cover and bring to a boil over medium heat. Lower the heat and simmer, stirring frequently, for 10 minutes.
- Add the broccoli and peas, cover and return to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for another 10 minutes.
- Set aside to cool slightly. Remove and discard the bay leaf. Process the soup in a blender or food processor in batches if necessary, until you have a smooth puree.
- Add the parsley, season to taste with salt and pepper and process again briefly. Return to the saucepan and reheat gently until piping hot. Ladle into heated soup bowls and garnish with parsley leaves. Serve immediately.
- Note: If you prefer, cut the vegetables finely and leave the cooked soup chunky rather than pureeing it.
- Note: Substitute frozen or drained, canned corn kernels for the frozen peas.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a native Californian, born in the Los Angeles area, college in far northern California and now living in southern part of the San Francisco Bay Area. I love kids and animals. I am an active volunteer at my two teenage daughters' high school as well as a Girl Scout leader. We have two guinea pigs, one Dalmatian, one cockatiel, and one quarter-horse to keep us busy. I had a career as a marketing writer before I became a full-time mom and volunteer, but I still write all the time as well as participate in a monthly book club. I stay active and have Jazzercized for over 25 years on a regular basis. I also am trying to do some yoga now and ride horses for fun. I have loved getting involved in the RecipeZaar games and learning how to post the photos. I am currently playing on the Zaar World Tour and it is lots of fun! Have been a sports fan since childhood and definitely have enjoyed getting to know about hockey since we have a very successful NHL franchise in our area: Go Sharks! <img src="http://static.flickr.com/1310/902139984_71e1ab56a5.jpg" width="399" height="270"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/participantbannerzwt5.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b367/chefpaulag/final-1.jpg"> <img src="http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa130/nowsonexitmusic/bumbag5.gif?t=1211686551"> <img src="http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p241/CulinaryQueen/zaargroupie.gif" width="300" height="220"> <a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank"><img src="http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w115/bugh8er/food%20and%20swaps/400035_d7f1b969-m3_1217872626.png" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src="http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j10/housedaughter/de.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src="http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b2/kiwidutch/My-3-Chefs%20banners/my3chefs2008Small.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src="http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a132/tgifford/Game%20Room%20Banners/123hitwonders.jpg" width="399" height="150"> <img src="http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a132/tgifford/Game%20Room%20Banners/holiday-tag2-copy.gif" width="399" height="140"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg"width="290" height="140"> <img src="http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j10/housedaughter/fg.jpg" border="0" alt="F and G Swap">