Chickpea, Leek & Parmesan Soup
photo by kelly in TO
- Ready In:
- Trim, separate and rinse leeks.
- Slice the leeks into fine shreds and place into soup pot along with the butter, garlic & thyme, stir, cover and let slowly cook until the leeks become softened slightly.
- Add the chickpeas to the leeks with the chicken stock and potatoes. Bring to a boil then simmer for about half and hour or until the potatoes are well cooked.
- If the soup is to thick, thin it down with a little boiling water.
- Break up the chickpeas & pieces of potato to thicken it slightly. Season the soup with salt and pepper
- Garnish with grated parmesan cheese and drizzle on some olive oil.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Ummm Ummm Good! Had everything on hand except I happen to have a bag of roasted thyme with sesame seeds and salt in it and used that instead of regular dried thyme. Oh, I loved it, especially with the olive oil and Parmesan cheese. PS: I also added some crushed red pepper to it in my bowl. Thanks for the recipe!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hello! I'm Kelly from Toronto, I'm a communications designer, and cooking and baking just a serious hobby... I cook healthy and you'll find a majority of my recipes are high fiber, high protein and low sugar. <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket">