5 Ingredient Broccoli Soup
- Ready In:
- Chop the broccoli into 1 inch pieces and slice the carrot into rounds.
- Chop 1/2 of a red onion or the whole thing if its a small one.
- Heat the olive oil, in a pot big enough to hold all the vegetables, over medium heat and saute the onion first for 1 minute.
- Add the rest of the vegetables.
- Season with salt and pepper(use white pepper if you have it) and cook until the onion turns translucent. About 10 minutes.
- Add just enough chicken broth to cover the broccoli. (I like to use homemade chicken broth whenever I can.)
- Bring to a simmer and cook until the broccoli is soft and tender.
- Remove from heat and cool for a minute or 2.
- Blend the soup in batches so it doesnt explode and make a mess.
- Transfer the soup into a new clean pot and stir in the milk.
- If you want it to be thinner add more chicken stock and season with salt and pepper.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!