Cheesy Broccoli Noodle Soup
photo by *Parsley*
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 - 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 6 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth or (14 1/2 ounce) cans vegetable broth
- 8 ounces fine egg noodles
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 6 cups milk (I use lowfat milk)
- 16 ounces American cheese
- Heat olive oil in large saucepan.
- Add onion and saute over medium heat till onions are golden.
- Add chicken (or vegetable for vegetarians) broth and bring to a boil.
- Add salt and noodles.
- Cook uncovered for about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in broccoli and garlic powder and cook for another 4 minutes.
- Add milk, cheese and pepper stirring constantly until the cheese is melted.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Terrific soup! Quick and easy to make, too. I omitted that 6th cup of milk to keep it on the thicker side. I have leftover, so I'm sure I may need to add milk again when I reheat it. I've always avoided making broccoli soups with noodles in them...... I just didn't think I'd like the combination. This recipe proved me wrong. Thanx for posting!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in a small town in the Seacoast area of NH. I work as an Administrative Assistant for the Chief of Police. I enjoy trying out new recipes and have a cookbook collection. I also love to visit the Casino's in Connecticut whenever I get a chance.