Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Comfort food at its best.
- 1 lb macaroni
- 4 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 lb mozzarella cheese
- 4 teaspoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 medium onion, diced small
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain.
- In a medium pot, heat butter and saute onions. Add milk, flour, salt and pepper. Bring to rolling boil. Slowly add cheddar cheese; stirring while adding. After cheddar cheese had dissolved, add the mozzarella cheese, stirring while adding.
- Add macaroni directly to the cheese mixture in the pot. Pour into a large, greased lasagna pan. Bake for 30 minutes or until top is bubbly and golden brown.
My family loved it!
I made this recipe on 5/30/09 as part of mine and SO's dinner. Except for cutting this in half, the recipe was made as written. To us, it was just o.k. But, I will have to admit it was very cheesy. But , thanks for taking the time to post this recipe. " Keep Smiling :) "
Delicious. Very creamy and cheesey. Easy to make, too. The two cheeses go very well together. My kids like creamy (not custardy) mac & cheese and don't care for bread crumbs on top, so this was perfect for them. I'll be sure to make this again. Thanx for sharing.