Recipe by KimmieOH
When I first read the words "Cheeseburger Soup" on the menu of our local deli - my thought was YUCK! This was the special every Friday! Well one Friday I decided to broaden my taste buds and give it a try! It was sooooo good! Being the cook that I am, I just knew I could make this on my own. So here is my version and If I do say so myself - "it's better than the deli's" but shhhh....don't tell them!!!!!
Top Review by Deanne McKissick
This was great. My 5 year old even ate 2 bowls. I did add a can of Rotel and replaced some of the cheddar with Monterrey Jack cheese with Jalepenos. We like spicy food. It was so good my DH volunteered to bring some to work today for lunch. AMAZING!!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 3⁄4 cup shredded carrot
- 3⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups potatoes, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, cubed
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot, brown ground beef and onion.
- Add broth, celery, carrots, parsley and potatoes.
- Bring to a boil, and then simmer until potatoes are tender, about 10-12 minutes.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter and stir in flour.
- Add the milk, stirring until smooth.
- Gradually add milk mixture to the soup, stirring constantly.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat to simmer.
- Stir in cheese; continue to stir until cheese is melted then serve.
- Do not boil.