1/8 Photos of Cheeseburger Soup
1 hr 20 mins
When I first read the words "Cheeseburger Soup" on the menu of our local deli - my thought was YUCK! This was the special every Friday! Well one Friday I decided to broaden my taste buds and give it a try! It was sooooo good! Being the cook that I am, I just knew I could make this on my own. So here is my version and If I do say so myself - "it's better than the deli's" but shhhh....don't tell them!!!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large pot, brown ground beef and onion.
- 2Add broth, celery, carrots, parsley and potatoes.
- 3Bring to a boil, and then simmer until potatoes are tender, about 10-12 minutes.
- 4In a saucepan, melt the butter and stir in flour.
- 5Add the milk, stirring until smooth.
- 6Gradually add milk mixture to the soup, stirring constantly.
- 7Bring to a boil and reduce heat to simmer.
- 8Stir in cheese; continue to stir until cheese is melted then serve.
- 9Do not boil.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheeseburger Soup
Serving Size: 1 (229 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 331.7
- Calories from Fat 187
- Total Fat 20.7 g
- Saturated Fat 11.3 g
- Cholesterol 71.9 mg
- Sodium 469.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 18.6 g