When I first read the words "Cheeseburger Soup" on the menu of our local deli - my thought was YUCK! This was the special every Friday! Well one Friday I decided to broaden my taste buds and give it a try! It was sooooo good! Being the cook that I am, I just knew I could make this on my own. So here is my version and If I do say so myself - "it's better than the deli's" but shhhh....don't tell them!!!!!
- In a large pot, brown ground beef and onion.
- Add broth, celery, carrots, parsley and potatoes.
- Bring to a boil, and then simmer until potatoes are tender, about 10-12 minutes.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter and stir in flour.
- Add the milk, stirring until smooth.
- Gradually add milk mixture to the soup, stirring constantly.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat to simmer.
- Stir in cheese; continue to stir until cheese is melted then serve.
- Do not boil.