Prep 45 mins
Cook 35 mins
The difference in this pizza is the homemade sauce. Feel free to add bacon or experiment with the cheese. Enjoy! My prep time includes time for the crust to rise.
For the sauce
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pizza crust (I use No-Knead Food Processor Thin Crust Pizza Dough)
- 3⁄4 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- weber chicago grill seasoning (to taste) or salt and pepper (to taste)
- 4 slices American cheese
- 1⁄2 cup dill pickle slices
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese (shredded)
- Before making crust, combine sauce ingredients; ketchup, sugar, mustard, vinegar, and Worcestershire sauce in a small sauce pan; simmer on medium heat.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prepare pizza crust according to directions.
- Combine beef, onion, green pepper, and Weber seasoning or salt and pepper to taste; cook until beef is done.
- Prebake prepared crust for 10 minutes for a crisper crust.
- Top baked crust with sauce, cooked beef, American cheese slices, dill pickle slices, and Cheddar cheese (in that order).
- Return pizza to the oven and cook for another 15 to 20 minutes until cheese is melted and crust is browned.
This was a hit! Everyone loved it, I was running short on Dill pickles, so I shredded what I had to make it go further. Also, I used mozza and cheddar, as I had no American cheese. I used the same pizza crust mentioned in the recipe, and it was way better than my normal crust. All around, this ones a keeper! Thanks :)
Very good! I made it as directed. I did chop the pickles and tore the American cheese so that every bite was delicious! My family said it tasted just like a cheeseburger. I might not add the sugar the next time, but it was like a tangy sauce as is. I added a few pieces of cooked turkey bacon as well as some spinach (always like to get. In a few extra veggies when I can). Definitely will make this again.