- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 (2 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking oats, uncooked
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 lb cheddar cheese, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup chili sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a large mixing bowl; mix well.
- Pack half of meat mixture into a 9x5 inch loafpan.
- Place cheese slices on top of meat mixture.
- Spoon remaining meat mixture over cheese, covering cheese layer and pressing lightly on sides to seal; set aside.
- Combine chili sauce and mustard; mix well.
- Spread sauce over top of loaf.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 20 minutes.