Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Got this recipe from a friend. They are one of my favorite appetizers. Cook time is an estimate because she said she doesn't pay that much attention. Chill time is 1-2 hours.
Top Review by Lisa in Acworth, GA
These were tasty but not quite what I expected. I was not able to roll them into balls - they looked more like cookies after they baked. They were also VERY spicy so you might want to lessen the cayenne pepper. However, they were very tasty.
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup bleu cheese salad dressing
- 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Worcestershire sauce (to taste)
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) package corn muffin mix
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, add the onions and spinach; cook according to the directions on the package of spinach; drain and press out liquid.
- In a mixing bowl add the spinach, eggs, cheeses, dressing, margarine, garlic powder, peppers, and Worcestershire sauce; stir to combine.
- Add the muffin mix; stir to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Shape mixture into 1-inch balls and place on a very lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes (estimate).