Bacon Cheddar Puffs
photo by Boomette
- Ready In:
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion salt or 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Combine milk and butter in medium saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently until utter is melted and mixture is simmering.
- Add flour, stir until mixture forms a ball.
- Remove from heat.
- Beat in 1 egg at a time until mixture is smooth.
- Stir in remaining ingredients; mix well.
- Drop heaping teaspoons of mixture onto greased baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 25 minutes or until puffed and golden brown.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I followed the recipe exactly as the instructions say, and the mixture ended up like a runny batter. I knew this wouldn't hold up as teaspoons on the baking pan, and I was right. I even tried to refrigerate the mixture to make it more like a dough before I baked the second batch, and that still didn't work. The flavor was good, but the consistency was not as it should have been. I was concerned about adding too much extra flour to thicken it up, because I didn't want to lose the flavor. If anyone else has tried this recipe, do you have any tips for me?
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I want to thank all of you who review the recipes I post - good or bad. It's always good to get feedback and helpful tips and I really appreciate them all! I try to send a note when someone reviews one of my recipes, but I don't always get the chance. Please know that I really enjoy reading the reviews. I also love all the photos everyone posts, too! Thanks so much. Happy Cooking!