Recipe by Marg (CaymanDesigns)
These are very similar to Red Lobster's Cheddar Bay Biscuits but a lot better than the recipes that start with Bisquick, in my opinion. The kids adore them.
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable shortening
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, salt, baking powder, cream of tartar, sugar and 1/8- 1/4 teaspoons garlic powder in a mixing bowl.
- Cut in shortening using a pastry blender.
- Mix milk and then cheese into mixture with a wooden spoon.
- Drop by large spoonfuls onto greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 425°F for 10-12 minutes.
- Mix melted butter and 1/8 teaspoons garlic powder together and brush on warm biscuits as soon as you remove them from the oven.