These are very similar to Red Lobster's Cheddar Bay Biscuits but a lot better than the recipes that start with Bisquick, in my opinion. The kids adore them.
- Combine flour, salt, baking powder, cream of tartar, sugar and 1/8- 1/4 teaspoons garlic powder in a mixing bowl.
- Cut in shortening using a pastry blender.
- Mix milk and then cheese into mixture with a wooden spoon.
- Drop by large spoonfuls onto greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 425°F for 10-12 minutes.
- Mix melted butter and 1/8 teaspoons garlic powder together and brush on warm biscuits as soon as you remove them from the oven.