- 1 cup Hershey's semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup fresh cranberries or 1 cup frozen cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup pecan pieces
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated orange rind
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
Cocoa Drizzle Glaze
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 tablespoon cocoa or 1 tablespoon Hershey's dutch-processed cocoa
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour three 5 3/4x3 1/4x2-inch miniature loaf pans.
- Stir together chocolate chips, cranberries, pecans and orange peel in small bowl; set aside.
- Stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl; with pastry blender, cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in orange juice, egg and reserved chocolate chip mixture just until moistened; divide evenly among prepared pans.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 15 minutes; remove from pans to wire rack.
- Cool completely.
- Drizzle Cocoa Drizzle Glaze over top.
- -----------ChocolateDrizzle Glaze--------------.
- Microwave butter in small microwave-safe bowl at HIGH (100) 20 to 30 seconds until melted.
- Stir in cocoa and water.
- Microwave at HIGH 15 to 30 seconds or just until mixture is hot, slightly thickened and smooth when stirred.
- Do not boil.
- Gradually add powdered sugar and vanilla, beating with whisk until smooth.
- If necessary, add water, a few drops at a time, until of desired consistency.
- Makes about 1/4 cup glaze.