Recipe by *Parsley*
Yummy scalloped potatoes w/ cheese. Sometimes I assemble this earlier in the day and put in the oven later.
Top Review by FrenchBunny
These didn't look too appetizing and I am not sure why. It looked like the cream separated or something. They tasted great though. I did the receipe as as but I myself found it didn't taste cheesy enough for me. But as I said it tasted great though. Thanks for your posting Parsley..I will definitely make this again.
- 4 -5 large baking potatoes, scrubbed and thinly sliced (I leave the skins on, but peel them, if you like)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3⁄4-1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- 2 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, DIVIDED
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375. Lightly grease/spray a 13" x 9" baking pan.
- Place thinly sliced potatoes in a large mixing bowl. Add onion, flour, salt, white pepper, paprika, ground mustard, parsley and 1 1/2 cups of the shredded cheddar. Toss to mix well. Place this mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Pour heavy cream and milk over top. Sprinkle with the remaining 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Cover and bake at 375 for 50-60 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 25-30 minutes or until top is to desired browness/bubbliness.